Organic Acids Test + Microbiology Test
This combo panel includes three tests for the presence of yeast. The Organic Acids Test measures yeast metabolites in the urine. In the Microbiology Test, a culture is grown and the stool sample is examined under the microscope. If the yeast grows in culture, sensitivity of that yeast to prescription antifungals and to natural antimicrobials is determined. This information is valuable in directing therapy for yeast overgrowth.
THIS PANEL INCLUDES
- Organic Acids Test (OAT)
- Microbiology Test
- Microscopic Yeast Evaluation
- Sensitivity to prescriptive/natural agents
- More information for weighing yeast treatment options
- Find out which type of anti-fungal will work best
- Discount for ordering both tests together
- Consultation concerning results is included with each test at The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc.
- Diet modification
- Diet supplementation, primarily with nutrients which increase the quantity of beneficial bacteria (e.g. lactobaccilli) in the gastrointestinal tract
- Oral antifungal or antibacterial (anaerobic) medications
Urine: 10 mL of urine is preferred. Tests may not be done in some cases if the preferred amount is not shipped. First morning urine before food or drink is suggested. Patient must avoid apples, grapes (including raisins), pears, cranberries and their juices 24 hours prior to the specimen collection (Refer to the test instructions). Avoid arabinogalactan, echinacea, reishi mushrooms, and ribose supplements for 12 hours before collection.
Stool: 5 mL stool is the absolute minimum. Do not discontinue any medications without first consulting your physician.
Do not discontinue any medications without first consulting your physician.
- 83921 (63 units)
"I like the work of The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc., and the book and conferences by Dr. Shaw. I have sent samples of my patients (names omitted) for detection of organic acids and morphine peptides in urine and now they are improving greatly with the results you have recommended."
–Pediatrician from Barcelona, Spain
"Within a few weeks of starting treatment for the yeast and bacterial problems I started feeling better than I had felt in years."
–Email to Dr. Shaw from the Director at the Fibromyalgia Coalition International
THIS TEST IS ALSO KNOWN AS:
- ORGÁNICA PRUEBA ÁCIDOS + PRUEBA DE MICROBIOLOGÍA
تحليل الأحماض العضوية + اختبار الميكروبات
ORGANISCHE SÄUREN TEST + MIKROBIOLOGIE-TEST
- TEST DES ACIDES ORGANIQUES + MICROBIOLOGIE TEST
ORGANICI ACIDI + MICROBIOLOGIA TEST
유기산 테스트 + 미생물학 테스트
KWASY ORGANICZNE + MIKROBIOLOGIA TEST TEST
- KWASY ORGANICZNE + MIKROBIOLOGIA TEST TEST
ORGANIK ASITLER TEST + MIKROBIYOLOJI TESTI