organic acids test (oat) + amino acids urine Test
The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc. is now offering the Organic Acids Test and Amino Acids Urine Test as a combination. This combo test is an excellent option if your insurance company doesn't reimburse for the standalone Amino Acids Urine Test. Below is an overview of the tests:
ORGANIC ACIDS TEST
The Organic Acids Test offers an accurate evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria. Abnormal toxic levels of these microorganisms can cause or worsen behavior disorders, hyperactivity, movement disorders, affect energy levels and immune function. Many people with chronic illnesses and neurological disorders often excrete one or more abnormal organic acids in their system. The cause of these toxic levels include: oral antibiotic use, high sugar diets, immune deficiencies, and genetic factors.
If abnormalities are detected in the Organic Acids Test, treatment can include supplements, vitamins, antioxidants and dietary modification. Upon treatment, patients and physicians have reported significant improvement such as decreased fatigue, regular bowel movements, increased energy and alertness, increased concentration, improved verbal skills, less hyperactivity, and decreased abdominal pain.
U.S. Patent # 5,686,311 for specific Organic Acids Test compounds: Certain uses of the compounds arabinose, citramalic, tartaric, 3-oxoglutaric, carboxycitric, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylpropionic (DHPPA), and 3-(3-hydroxyphenyl)-3-hydroxypropionic (HPHPA) acids in their application to autism in the Organic Acids Test and Microbial Organic Acids Test are protected by USA patent 5,686,311 granted November 11, 1997.
AMINO ACIDS URINE TEST
The Amino Acids Urine Test offers important clinical data on metabolic, nutritional, and neurological disorders. The test analyzes 40 amino acids and provides a detailed explanation of the possible causes and consequences of detected abnormalities, along with nutritional information. Amino acid imbalances are frequently underlying factors in disorders such as ADD, depression, Tourette syndrome, tic disorder, OCD, seizures and others.
- Because the OAT and Amino Acids Test quantitate different markers for assessing GI function, detoxification capacity, and certain nutritional deficiencies, together they provide a more in-depth evaluation of overall nutritional status and digestive sufficiency.
- Sampling for the two tests at the same time strengthens the usefulness of the single tests.
- The tests show a total of 112 markers (74 OAT metabolites and 40 amino acids combined).
- Along with a physician's clinical assessment, a treatment plan can be designed from the two tests, including nutritional supplementation, treatments for dysbiosis, and indications for genetic testing.
- Simple testing—urine is collected at home and mailed to the lab.
Organic Acids Test:10 mL of first morning urine before food or drink is suggested. Patient should avoid apples, grapes (including raisins), pears, cranberries and their juices 24 hours prior to specimen collection. Avoid arabinogalactan, echinacea, reishi mushrooms, and ribose supplements for 12 hours before collection.
Amino Acids Urine Test: 25 mL of of first morning urine before food or drink is required for the random collection.
- 83921 (63 units)
- 82139 (1 unit)
"I like the work of The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc., and the book and conferences by Dr. Shaw. I have sent samples of my patients (names omitted) for detection of organic acids and morphine peptides in urine and now they are improving greatly with the results you have recommended."
–Pediatrician from Barcelona, Spain
"Within a few weeks of starting treatment for the yeast and bacterial problems I started feeling better than I had felt in years."
–Email to Dr. Shaw from the Director at the Fibromyalgia Coalition International
THIS TEST IS ALSO KNOWN AS:
- PRUEBA DE ÁCIDOS ORGÁNICOS (OAT) + AMINOÁCIDOS ORINA PRUEBA
اختبار الأحماض العضوية + الأحماض الأمينية في البول
ORGANISCHEN SÄUREN-TEST (HAFER) + AMINOSÄUREN URINTEST
- ESSAI BIOLOGIQUE DES ACIDES (OAT) + ACIDES AMINÉS URINE TEST
ACIDI ORGANICI (OAT) + AMMINOACIDI URINA TEST
유기산 시험 (귀리) + 아미노산 소변 검사
TEST KWASY ORGANICZNE (OWIES) + AMINOKWASY MOCZU TEST
- TESTE DE ÁCIDOS ORGÂNICOS (OAT) + AMINOÁCIDOS TESTE DE URINA
ORGANIK ASITLER TESTI (YULAF) + AMINO ASITLER IDRAR TESTI